Clairvoyance is what comes to mind when we hear someone mention psychics in everyday conversations. Sometimes referred to as second sight, or sixth sense, it is an extrasensory ability that allows us to access dimensions beyond the physical world. The images that accompany the clairvoyance act are perceived through the third eye. In other words, psychics with a gift of clairvoyance will experience moments of vision that take different forms: flashes of light, sparkly orbs, mental pictures, or moving images.
What is clairvoyance if not the ability to remove chains that tether us to the third dimension? According to the classic clairvoyance definition, psychics who possess this talent can connect with spirit guides, ascended masters, or angels using different types of clairvoyance (retrocognition, precognition, aura reading, remote viewing, and psychometry). Seeing with your inner eye is often very subtle, with psychics witnessing a glow surrounding a person or moving lights that can only be noticed out of the corner of one’s eye.
How does clairvoyance power work?
So, how does clairvoyance work in everyday life? Clairvoyance meaning suggests that it is a gift mainly experienced as an inner seeing that happens within the mind. To lay it out in simple terms, people with clairvoyant abilities will often experience visions similar to watching a movie only they have access to. Other times, clairvoyance will manifest itself as a snapshot of a future event.
Those who like to intellectualize any sort of irrational phenomena may ask themselves: is clairvoyance real? The truth is, the clairvoyance definition is never limited to seeing spirits take full form in front of you, a prospect that would be rather unsettling if ever materialized. It is a psychic gift allowing the practitioners to gain insights in the state of deep sleep when we are more responsive to messages from other realms, be it through visions or mental images that have a precognitive function. To simplify the concept known as clairvoyance, think of it as watching a movie inside your head that is projected by your third eye.
Do you have clairvoyance ability?
Could it be that you are ignoring clairvoyance signs on your spiritual journey as you attribute them to a psychic illusion or mere hallucination? There are types of clairvoyance acts that do not make themselves known in a dramatic way. However, if you feel like you can relate to at least a couple of things mentioned below, chances are that you might be clairvoyant:
- You often see flickering lights, floating shadows, or glowing orbs out of the corner of your eye. There is nothing to worry about if you see colored dots hovering above your head — you are not going crazy! This is how some of the higher beings prefer to say hello to people in the third dimension. The movie industry made images like flashing lights or sparkling seem too scary to be positive, but in reality, this is a communication method used by Higher Spirits to deliver guidance.
- You have detailed, vivid dreams that are occasionally prophetic. Having repetitive dreams is common for people possessing clairvoyant abilities. You know one of those days when you wake up not really sure which planet you are on because of the dream you just had? The reason clairvoyance tendencies materialize during our resting phase is that sleep is a free-flowing state of consciousness, allowing visions to take form without being hindered by our logical thinking. When we dream, we come into contact with the astral realm, making our subconscious surrender to information from the unknown.
- You are guided by your intuition and trust your inner compass. Another distinctive sign you might have your clairvoyance act going is the ability to stay in tune with your intuitive senses. This happens when we can predict the outcome of events without any rational explanation or logical reasoning. Clairvoyant psychics are able to turn off the voice of the rationale and surrender to their intuition. Being one with your sixth sense indicates you are open to interpreting visions that flood your mind as you draw the line between daydreaming and mental images that are prophetic.
- You see images of the future or flashes from the past in your mind’s eye. One of the most common types of clairvoyance is the ability to control your extrasensory perception as you receive visual messages that inform you of the past or the future. You will immediately know that your abilities are not the product of your conscious mind. If the visions come true after a certain time, you may tap into your psychic gift to gain insights into future or past events. Messages from non-physical dimensions can also appear in the form of subtle signs that are practically invisible to the naked eye, like seeing glowing orbs, light streams, or being able to detect other people’s auras.
How to develop clairvoyance?
Clairvoyance meaning in the realm of psychic disciplines offers a lot of interpretations, but there is one thing that’s hard to deny: anyone can develop their clairvoyant abilities if they put their mind to it. As children, we often have our connection to the third eye blocked by skeptics claiming we have an overactive imagination. It is true that the rational part of our brain is always doubting our flashes of intuition, but you can always start increasing your clairvoyant talents with simple guidance:
- Use meditation.
Spiritual practices such as meditation will help strengthen your connection with the psychic source and gain access to dimensions that lie beyond the physical world surrounding us.
- Trust your inner eye.
Trust plays an essential role in bridging gaps between dimensions and creating a valid communication channel with the spirit realm. If you are ready to open up to metaphysical guidance, developing clairvoyance as a psychic ability becomes much easier.
- Practice visualization.
Daydreaming is a great tool for finding your inner compass and opening the path to clairvoyant abilities. If you are creative and full of ideas, use your mind’s eye to visualize objects and places. Do not worry if you start seeing things others cannot – this is the first step to becoming enlightened.
- Practice working with auras.
Take time to imagine your friend’s aura and the energy field surrounding them. Grab a piece of paper and draw your friend’s face with a clear indication of the colors you have visualized in the process. It might feel like a challenge for those who have never practiced aura reading, but you will gradually realize we all possess energy fields that feature the imprints of our personality.
- Keep a dream journal.
Once you manage to establish a connection with the higher source of knowledge, you’ll have more than a few things that you can jot down. Keeping a dream journal will help you document your experiences in a structured, analytical way. You will be able to decode the symbolism hidden behind your dreams and make a roadmap of tangible insights and revelations.
- Open your third eye chakra.
To encourage your clairvoyance gifts to blossom, you may use third eye-opening exercises that involve crystals. Clear quartz is considered the best for meditation and clairvoyance enhancement. You can either hold the crystals in your hands while you meditate or place them on the pillow next to you as you go to sleep.